Used to Apply Controlled Film Thickness Drawdowns of Liquid Coatings
Also known as: Wire-Bar Applicators, Mayer Rods
General Description: Wire-Wound Rods
Characteristics of Leneta Wire-Cators
- Wire Diameters: 2.5-75 mils (0.064-1.9 mm), provides wet film thicknesses: 0.18-6 mils (4.5-150 µm)
- Length of winding: 10 inches (254 mm). Sufficiently long to coat most standard size panels and charts.
- Length of rod: 12 inches (305 mm). Provides an inch (25 mm) clear for grasping at each end.
- Diameter of rod: 1/2 inch (12.7 mm). Thick enough to provide essentially perfect rigidity.
- Composition: All stainless steel. No rust or corrosion, even with waterborne coatings. Non-magnetic, permits use with steel panels on a magnetic chuck.